Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Social Media Seminar

The local small business resource centre offers free seminars once or twice a month on a variety of topics of interest.  The seminars take place in the evening, between 6 - 8 p.m., which works out perfectly for me.  I have plenty of time to get from my 'day job' to the business centre.

The seminar that caught my interest immediately is the 'Growing Your Network with Social Media' one.  The presenter is a success coach and online marketing expert who will share practical techniques that any business owner can implement quickly & easily to leverage the power of social media to grow their brand. 

This is something that I've been pondering for some time.  I wasn't sure there was a lot of value in utilizing social media in this way.  It will be interesting to learn what to do & what not to do and how it can help promote my company, Jasper Moon.  Knowing what to avoid in social networks and what some of the tools available to help are will be extremely useful.

If you are a small business owner, I highly recommend that you look into local business centres to see what free resources and seminars are available to you.  It's amazing what you can find when you go looking.  Often public libraries offer programs that may be of interest also.  Check it out.  I'm glad that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment