I started with a bit of electronic clean up this week, deleting a bunch of old files from my computer that were obsolete and redundant. I also consolidated all the scraps of paper on my desk with my passwords for the various sites into one neat file, now hidden in one of my document folders. A small thing but long overdue.
I'm still fighting whatever bug this is going around and my energy level has been pretty low this week. The antibiotic set me in the right direction but I don't feel well yet, and seem to tire very easily. This cold, blustery weather is not helping, I'm sure.
Some progress had to be made on this de-clutter project though, so I decided to tackle my fabric stash. Not that I plan to get rid of much, if any, I just need to put it all in ONE place. So when I finally get to making the quilt tops I have been planning, I know where to go find all the fabric.
A lot of the bright, cheerful fabric was originally picked up to make dolls clothes with. Some of the other pieces were purchased from thrift stores or on clearance tables for significantly lower prices than 'new'. That is why you see such a mixed bag of colours.
The resulting quilt tops are going to be an interesting combination of all this material, plus a few other pieces that I'm sure I will find along the way. I seem to have outgrown my bin. I will have to get another one.
I'm looking for quick and easy block patterns, hopefully, using strip piecing methods. Maybe a scrappy rail fence design would work. There really isn't enough of any one fabric to do much else. Perhaps one like my friend, Yvonne, made. See below...