Wednesday, February 26, 2014

De-Clutter Project 2014 - Week 9

Taming the 'paper tiger' and teaching an old dog new tricks; those are the two topics that I will discuss with you this week.


With tax time upon us, it is time to get all the receipts and bills sorted, organized and filed. At the beginning of each year, I resolve to keep it all orderly on a weekly or monthly basis, but each year I fall short of my goal. Then, I end up having to do a marathon sort and file in time to submit my taxes.

I got started on the job over the weekend. I'm making progress but there is still much to do. I'm trying to devote a set amount of time to the task every day. Slow and steady wins the race, right? Will I be able to stay on track with my plan to keep on top of it this year? I don't know.

I've noticed in the last few days that I'm catching myself more and more. I'm about to shove something in a drawer to hide it or add it to a pile, when I stop myself and take the extra step or two to put it where it belongs. It seems you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. There may be hope for me yet.

What area do you intend to tackle this week? What do you think you will find? More importantly, what will you do with it?


3 comments:

  1. You have just reminded me that it's the end of the month and time to make sure all my business stuff for this month is properly posted and filed. I too, promise myself that I will do it weekly, but sometimes things slide for a couple of weeks while I'm busy doing other things ....like this de-cluttering project. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck on your new job-I finally went through all of our tax papers so I think I am ready for next week's visit with our tax man
    I haven't done too much more de stashing, but I think I may have my batik fabrics sold-so on to the next fabrics-lol enjoy your weekend
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urgh tax returns . That's something I never had to do in the UK (you only need to do them if you hit a certain tax bracket or have income outside of work, which is not the case for you average Joe). Since moving to Oz I've had to come to terms with the once-a-year sucky tax-returns paperwork. I was really with it for the first few years, everything filed neatly all la-di-da but that all went to pot when I became in charge of a little new life. Kaboom! Organisation and planning and paperwork explosion! Ha ha! Got to love the chaos and unplanned happenings that children bring with them :-)

    ReplyDelete