Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Blog Hopping Continues

To see my Grow Your Blog post, click here.

There were so many participants in the Grow Your Blog hop, it was impossible to visit them all in one day, or even one week. I'm telling you, that full-time job gets in the way of my fun so many times! *smile* And the need for sleep, food and tea keeps interrupting my blog browsing too. Oh, and the cats...demanding little creatures that want to be fed, and petted, and fed again.

One of the first things that I looked for when visiting a blog last weekend was a Grow Your Blog post. If there wasn't one, I left immediately without looking any further. In my humble opinion, someone who did not bother to take the time to post wasn't worth any more of my time than that. I'm finding what is most important to me this weekend is whether or not the blogger has posted something AFTER the Grow Your Blog post.

I only want to follow blogs that are active and engaging. I've added so many to my reading list in Feedly since last Saturday. What will keep me following them is the human factor: topics of interest, conversational language and great photos. The personal touch is important to me. I want to see the 'real' person come shining through.

How many blogs did you add to your reading list? I've lost count.

11 comments:

  1. I ignored any that hadn't posted for the GYB and also kept only to the blogs with less followers unless they came to me. I followed everyone who commented on my blog. I'm sure some will dwindle over time but for the time being I added 20 or 30 to my blog reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that I've added at least that many also.

      Delete
  2. Hi Bonnie, I have no clue of how many new blogs I started following and I still am looking! I agree , working 5 days a weeks and cats will slow me down! Have a good day.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that I will be adding more to my follow list before I'm done.

      Delete
  3. I'm taking my time, Bonnie. The list on Vicki's post will stay up (she started culling non-participating blogs the same day, based on our volunteer reports, so the list should now be accurate). I'm unsure how many new blogs I have added, or will continue to add :) It is an awesome process :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she still have the link for last years' Grow Your Blog hop too. I thought that I might go back and look at those blogs too. Some will be the same, I know, but there may be gems among them that were unable to participate this time.

      Delete
  4. I am still adding!! now is the challenge of keeping up with the reading and still finishing off the hopping!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still adding new blogs too. Feedly really helps me keep them all organized and it's easy to see what I've read and what I haven't.

      Delete
  5. I'm still working my way through the list, but I did the same as you - no GYB post meant I left. I've added quite a few blogs so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be doing a bit more blog hopping this weekend too. For sure, I will be participating in this event next year if Vicki runs it again.

      Delete
  6. I lost count, too, the gyb party is such a great thing. I think that didn't set up a gyb post did get eliminated of the list, that's why we all got a visit by Vicki or one of her helpers. I love your blog, your background is so beautiful, your pictures are great, I like how and about what you write and I am one of your new followers, too. Will not only read your future posts but browse back, too.
    Tina in Germany

    ReplyDelete