Friday, March 7, 2014

8th Bead Soup Blog Hop

This annual event is a lot of fun! This will be my fourth time participating. Here's how it works...

- The organizer (Lori Anderson) pairs you with another jewelry designer.

- You send each other a quality package of beads, along with a special focal bead and a nice clasp.

- You make one or more pieces of jewelry with those beads, incorporating beads from your own stash as needed. The focal and clasp you were sent MUST be used, but not necessarily in the same piece.

- You post your creation on your blog on the reveal day (May 3rd), and you try to visit as many of the other designers' blogs to see what they have created.

Participation has grown over the years and more than 500 people signed up this time from all over the world. My partner, Janet, is Canadian (like me) and lives in the Ottawa area. Our packages have been mailed out and I can't wait to see what she has selected for me.

Here's a sneak peek at what I'm sending her...I knew that kaleidoscope thing I learned how to do would come in handy. *smile*


Check out Lori Anderson's book, to learn more about the party and to get ideas on how you create with your 'bead soup'.


You can also go to her blog to keep informed with all the latest updates and to check out previous Bead Soup Blog Parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment