Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Peggy Sue Got Married

Peggy Sue Got Married is a 1986 comedy-drama film starring Kathleen Turner as a woman on the verge of a divorce, who finds herself transported back to the days of her senior year in high school in 1960. The main question that this movie poses is, "If you could do it all over again, knowing what you know now, would you change anything?" This is a question that I've often asked myself.

Ultimately, Peggy Sue makes the same choices and for the same reasons she did originally. Upon reflection, I'm not sure that I would change much either. Not all of my choices have turned out as well as expected or hoped, but with each unique experience I've learned something new about myself or the world around me. I've become a stronger, more determined person, wiser than before.

The culmination of all those experiences makes me the person I am today; well rounded, tolerant, accepting, generous, kind, etc. Who would I be if I had not been through everything that I have been? I don't know. Do you?

Pondering this makes me grateful for both the good and the bad that has been in my life. And I'm not afraid to face whatever is ahead because I know, good or bad, I will come out on top as a better person.

3 comments:

  1. so very true especially for all this is going on in the world today....we need to pay closer attention to ourselves and the stress factors involved. There are some things that I would change for sure if given a chance but for sure that last 11 years of my life I wouldn't change for the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But would you really change those things? Without them, you may not have gotten to the place today where you are happy. Something to think about.

      Delete
  2. that's true enough....the parts i would change are the parts that brought on the diabetes, that's the only thing....

    ReplyDelete