Monday, January 9, 2017

My Favourite Mixed Media YouTube Channels

There are so many great videographers out there, putting quality content onto YouTube. I thought that I would share a couple of my favourites, and hope that you will share yours with me. There is always more to discover!

One of my all time favourites is ‘Mike Deakin Art: MyCreative Journey’. I watch ALL of his videos from beginning to end. Mike is based in the UK and shares arts, crafts, tutorials, hints, tips and reviews. He creates art journal pages, canvases, ATCs, shadow boxes and more. I also belong to his Facebook group, Mike Deakin Art. I hope to participate in some of his personal ‘Mission Inspiration’ challenges this year.

Another channel that I go to a lot is ‘Mixed Media Jenn’. She explores art journaling and mixed media, sharing her process of creating art journal pages, artist trading cards, postcards and index cards. I go back to those videos again and again for tips and inspiration. She has almost 16,000 subscribers on YouTube!  She is an editor of Cloth Paper Scissor magazine and contributes to other specialty publications also.

My list would not be complete without Cat Hand’s ‘MixedMedia Art: Just for the Fun of it!’ Her Mixed Media Morsels videos have introduced me to lots of new techniques. She uses a variety of mediums on art journal pages, index cards, canvases, etc. Her channel has over 15,000 subscribers! She has a Facebook group too, ‘Mixed Media Morsels’ where the goal is to be positive, share, and encourage each other, while keeping the main focus on Mixed Media Morsels.

Of course, there are so many more wonderful channels out there, far too many to share in one blog post. I’m sure you have some favourites too. Please share them with me in the comment section below. I look forward to checking them out!

4 comments:

  1. Well done, something I never thought of doing...I guess because I don't watch all or many videos for that matter from start to finish. Although I have been enjoying Mixed Media Morsels. I have yet to find s channel that I would consider my "goto"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to these channels consistently because the content is always excellent. There are many more that I check out when new videos are uploaded, often not watching from start to finish depending if it catches my interest within the first minute or so.

      Delete
  2. Its not mixed media but acrylic painting.. but i just love TheArtSherpa Cinnamon Cooney and her mom has a channel too i like Ginger Cook... Lots of great painting tips and tutorials... and Cinnamon is alot of fun... I watch Mike Deakin too and Cat Hand.. I have not been to see Jenn.. i will check her out though... Thanks! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few videos of TheArtSherpa. I was directed there by another friend. I did not know her mother has a channel though. I will have to check that one out also. Thanks.

      Delete